Sunday, June 12, 2011

07/06/11

We helped Filipe again this morning and this time I brought along a conversational Portuguese dictionary so we could practice actual phrases in the car rides between stops. It turned out to be a great idea; Filipe got so engaged in going through the different phrases in English and Portuguese and fixing each other’s pronunciation that we almost missed a few of our stops.
After lunch, my dad taught me a lot about playing chords on the mandolin, something which I never got around to learning despite playing the instrument for so long. My dad has brought a small Little Martin travel guitar to Mozambique that we’ve started calling “Martiña”. Assuming that he leaves it here, I think I’ll try picking it up along with the mandolin since I’ve always wanted to learn the basics of guitar but never really had time.

No comments:

Post a Comment