Wednesday, June 15, 2011

HELP

I realize Im behind on my blogging and I promise to post my latest adventures soon, but for now I need all the help I can get. I just began teaching a 1st and 2nd grade class of 40 kids for and hour and a half everyday and while the first day was a blast, I'm starting to run low on ideas. From what I can tell I get to teach them pretty much anythng I want, but maybe with a focus on music and physical education. So today we sang "Bon Dia a Voce/Good Morning to You" (in the tune of Happy Birthday), Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (thanks to Brittany for the idea, they loved that one), and then went outside and played "Pato, Pato, Ganso/Duck, Duck, Goose" and "Sharks and Minnows" (that one was impromptu so I never got a chance to translate it). Anyways, yeah, so now Im floundering a bit as to what I'm going to do next and I could really use some suggestions just to get my creative juices flowing. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would "Camp Granada" be too hard? That's about the only song I remember from my childhood. It doesn't have to do with the body though... Just play "Simon Says"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Buck, playing games with objects might be a good idea, especially if its like hot potato or bingo type stuff~idk, hope you're having fun! (btw this is simone on my nfw blog account)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also remember that at that age they don't get bored as easily with doing the same things over and over again. So don't be afraid to revisit their favorite things

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should play "Red light green light" and do the mirror game where they team up and do the mirror image of the other person who is sitting across from them. Miss you, Bucko!

    ReplyDelete